Below are opportunities outside of the KUS:
Balance In Motion
Our 12-week internship program is designed to teach you the fundamentals of injury rehab, as well as give you hands-on training in strength and conditioning coaching. I assure you, it’s as good as it sounds.
Once accepted into the Balance In Motion Internship Program you will become a member of our team, and enter into an interactive learning experience where you will be given the opportunity to work directly with our skilled fitness coaches, and be exposed to a variety of clientele, including:
- Injury rehabilitation clients
- Sports conditioning clients
- Private and semi-private training clients
- Small and large group training clients
As a Balance In Motion intern, you have the opportunity to compliment your hands-on training with insider access to our weekly staff meetings—which focuses on continued education in a classroom-style learning environment. We were all where you are now, and know that the key to getting to the next step is not only education, but also experience. This is why we work closely with our interns to develop coaching, assessment and program-design skill sets that will ultimately help you achieve your career aspirations within the fitness industry—whatever they may be.
Is your interest sparked yet? Here’s what you need to do to be eligible to apply.
The internship involves 25-30 hours per week of volunteered time—all of which is fun, interactive and educational.
Start Date: September 5, 2016
- Exercise coaching (3-weeks)
- Functional anatomy (3-weeks)
- Program design (2-weeks)
- Energy system development (2-weeks)
- Assessment (2-weeks)
The successful applicant will have:
- A 4-year degree in exercise science or kinesiology (4th year students will be considered)
- A current certification through one of the following bodies, with proof of Liability Insurance: CSEP | NSCA | ACSM | NASM | BCAK
- The following experience is beneficial, but not required:
- FMS Level I/II | HKC/RKC | Medical Exercise Specialist
- To apply to the Internship Program, please email email@example.com with a cover letter and 3 references.
This is a unique opportunity for a candidate looking to make fitness their career, experience growth, do something that matters and be a part of something bigger!
We are looking for the right kind of people to join our team on a full time basis. We have a wide range of opportunities and are accepting applications from all candidates regardless of experience. Compensation is related to experience however other factors are also weighed significantly in bringing the right people on the team.
Please apply with Resume, Cover Letter and the best way to reach you for a potential interview offer. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
1) University Degree in Kinesiology or relevant field of study
2) Competitive Team Sport experience
3) Experience in the field as trainer/ group class instructor/ coach
4) Any additional specialty : Olympic Lifting, Boxing, MMA, Crossfit, Yoga, Group Exercise, any others
To learn more about us you can visit our Facebook Page “Studeo” and Instagram @Studeo_
NZCC Chiropractic Career Talk
Chiropractic is a fast-growing wellness profession with great earning potential and work-life balance. What’s more, you’ll make a difference to others every day of your career. Gain insight into the philosophy, art, and science of chiropractic in a session hosted by the New Zealand College of Chiropractic. Details here.
For more information or to reserve a spot contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Concussion Research Lab
Help further the understanding of this emerging field of research!
The sensorimotor physiology lab at UBC is looking for volunteer subjects to help with our ongoing concussion research project. This opportunity is particularly exciting for someone who has been personally affected by, or seen one of their friends affected by, the symptoms of a traumatic brain injury. Not only will volunteering allow you to see the type of technology involved in cutting-edge concussion research, but if you are interested, you will leave with a comprehensive understanding of current concussion research and the opportunities to get involved around campus.
There are 3 types of subjects we are looking for (height, weight and gender don’t matter):
1) Control subjects – Subjects who have never had a concussion
2) Post-concussion symptoms: Subjects who have had post-concussion symptoms lasting 3 months or longer and still currently are experiencing symptoms.
3) Acutely concussed: Subjects who have experienced a concussion within the last 72 hours of the test.
Innovative Fitness is looking for team players with a passion for outdoor adventure and fitness. Our business is growing and we are looking for dynamic, driven coaches to help grow our legacy. If you are looking for a new opportunity and to pioneer fitness in one of the most amazing active health destinations in the world we want to hear from you! Contact email@example.com and tell us why you want to join our team!
- HKin / Kinesiology degree (preferred) OR recognized personal training certification
- Current CPR and first aid
- Experience training in one on one settings and in a group environment
- Experience leading run and bike groups is an asset
- Event participation experience – run, bike, triathlon, adventure race type events, etc.
- Team player attitude
- Desire to learn and to grow your hours
- Proficient in MS Excel and Google calender / docs / Gmail / etc.